Monday, October 26, 2009

Marshmallow Fondant!


For my son's birthday this year, he wanted to bring Ghost Cupcakes to school for his class. Hmmm . . . how to do that . . . how to do that . . .

But then I found this and my troubles were over!

So here's the recipe for the Marshmallow Fondant that saved the day!

1 lb. marshmallows (name brand are a little whiter, but you can do either one)
2 lbs. powdered sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2-5 TBSP. water

Melt the marshmallows in a large bowl at 50% power, 30- second intervals, until melted. (At this point I put mine in my bosch and let that do the work but you can very easily do it by hand too . . . ) Add the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Add shortening and turn the mixer on and mix until completely worked in. (Add 2-5 TBSP of water if needed). If it's worked in really well, you can use it right away, or you can wrap it up and put it in the refrigerator overnight. Roll it out with a rolling pin really thin to use. Yum!