Monday, September 8, 2008

Tater Tot Casserole

This was not the most beautiful dish when it came out of the oven so I thought my kids would not touch it. To my amazement, my pickiest eater REQUESTS this dish if he gets to choose!

2 lbs. Hamburger
1 Envelope dry onion soup mix
2 lbs. tator tots
2 cans mushroom soup
1 Pint sour cream
Brown hamburger and place in a 10" x 14" baking dish. Sprinkle soup mix over meat, then place one layer of tater tots on top of that. Freeze. Thaw (it doesn't have to be completely thawed). Mix soup and sour cream together, pour over tater tots. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour, stirring after 30 minutes. Serves 6 - 8 people.

Note:
I like to bag up the sauce (Basically, I mix up all the ingredients except for the tots), and then add the tater tots to the bag and lay flat to freeze. After it thaws, I then separate the tots from the meat mix and layer in the pan. It saves space, and I have my 9 X 13 pan for other dishes. This is officially a new OAMC “staple” in our house!